There are many benefits to having a sprinkler system professionally installed at your home or business, however it is an investment.
As an irrigation professional, I get asked this question all the time, “How much does a sprinkler system cost?” Unfortunately, the quick answer is not always the best answer, but potential customers want an answer that’s easy to understand.
The quick answer: Most commonly, an average residential installation ranges between $3,000.00-5,000.00.
For the long answer, there are many factors that determine the cost of a professionally installed sprinkler system.
Questions to Consider When Installing a New Sprinkler System:
- What is the water supply? What is the water pressure and volume of water coming from the supply? (Logistically speaking, this is one of the biggest factors in designing and pricing a system. The path of the main sprinkler supply line needs to be determined before even designing the system itself. The water pressure and volume dictate how many sprinkler heads can be dedicated to one line or zone).
- How big is the area that is being watered? Front lawn and/or back lawn?
- Do we need to water obscure areas such as the shady side of the house, behind the shed, the area around the kids swing set, etc.?
- What are we watering? Lawn, garden and/or landscape areas? (Consider sensitive areas of the landscaping that need to be watered separately from the turf areas. Or maybe a customer has a garden in the back yard, and it has different moisture requirements than the lawn and landscape).
- Are there any special circumstances? Are there any hard to reach areas that will require extra labor? Maybe the job has to be done in phases to accommodate other projects on the same property or maybe the customer will choose to upgrade the main components of the system to allow for extra durability or water saving features.
These are just a few of the determining factors that influence the cost of professionally installing or repairing a lawn/landscape sprinkler system. Be sure to ask these questions, and be clear on the scope of operations if you are thinking about having a system installed on your property.
For a free sprinkler system estimate, call Irrigation Inc. at (440)935-1182. We’re always up for a new challenge.